Our Mission, Vision & Values
Create a world without ALS
Leading the fight to treat and cure ALS through global research and nationwide advocacy while also empowering people with Lou Gehrig’s Disease and their families to live fuller lives by providing them with compassionate care and support.
- Raise the level of awareness of The ALS Association as the leading voice and most trusted source of information about Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
- Lead, direct and/or collaborate on global research to understand the disease, develop treatments and ultimately find a cure.
- Provide every person with ALS and their families access to high quality, consistent and compassionate support services.
- Advance a nationwide advocacy program that increases funding for ALS research, improves patient services and empowers the entire ALS community.
- Function as one organization with unity of purpose.
- Operate within a business model designed to ensure stability and promote financial strength.
- People with ALS and their families come first in everything we do.
- Scientific credibility and innovation are the hallmarks of our research program.
- Commitment to excellence and professionalism are key tenets at all levels of our organization.
- We are one team with one vision and one mission working together.
- Collaboration and partnership within our organization and with others who share our vision and values are key to sustained success in the fight against ALS.
- Integrity, honesty and ethical behavior guide all our endeavors.
- Mutual respect is the cornerstone for all our working relationships.
- Diversity of ideas, cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds strengthen our efforts.
- Financial strength enables us to accomplish our goals.